- It is not about self-importance.
- Bethlehem was small.
- Mary was poor.
- Elizabeth regarded herself as insignificant.
- It is not about how much you can give.
- The second reading tells us the sacrificial system was imperfect.
- You can't earn God's love by giving to God.
- It is grace! It is a gift!
- This gift comes by faith.
- Elizabeth says to Mary, "Blessed are you who believed that what was spoken to you by the Lord would be fulfilled."
- Our second reading tells us, "By this "will," we have been consecrated through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all."
- We must believe, trust, that little baby whose body was given for us.
- We stop trying to earn forgiveness, or earn God's love, or earn God's blessing.
- We trust and believe in the God who willed to come down and become human just like us.
- Today at this Eucharist, we renew our faith in this baby.
- As we prayed: Pour forth, we beseech you, O Lord, your grace into our hearts, that we, to whom the Incarnation of Christ your Son was made known by the message of an Angel, may by his Passion and Cross be brought to the glory of his Resurrection.